I threw this salad together a few weeks ago as a side while my husband was grilling burgers and it turned out pretty good! A little twist on the classic Caesar, this is a great summer salad that’s yummy, refreshing and a good way to get some veggies in (which I definitely struggle with doing on a daily basis), and best of all, easy.
- 2 hearts of romaine lettuce
- 3 cups of kale
- 6-8 grape tomatoes (or more, if you’d like)
- Handful of almonds, chopped & diced
- 1/4 cup of Parmesan or mozzarella cheese (or do half and half!)
- Handful of croutons of your choice
- Chop romaine and kale. Place in a large salad bowl.
- Cut up grape tomatoes, chop & dice almonds.
- Place almonds, grape tomatoes, cheese and croutons in bowl with lettuce.
- Add your favorite dressing and toss. (I used creamy Caesar dressing)