I looove spicy food and this recipe combines spice and comfort all at the same time. Oh, and it’s super easy – my favorite type of recipe. These buffalo chicken sandwiches are a meal you can easily throw together any night of the week, and they come out amazing every time. You only need a few ingredients and a crock pot and you’ll be ready to go. The beauty of a crock pot is you get to walk away and go about your day while it does all the work. Have I sold you yet?
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup Buffalo sauce (I usually use Frank’s)
- Hamburger buns of choice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pepper jack cheese slices* (optional)
- Pickles* (optional)
- Blue cheese dressing* (optional)
- Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper to taste.
- Prep 1/2 cup of buffalo sauce. Pour a little bit at the bottom of the crock pot.
- Place chicken breasts inside crock pot, on top of the little bit of sauce you poured. Pour the remaining 1/2 cup of buffalo sauce on top of chicken.
- Turn crock pot on for 3 1/2 hours on HIGH or 6 hours on LOW.
- When chicken finishes, pour 1/2 cup of buffalo sauce on top.
- Shred chicken with two forks.
- Toast hamburger buns to your liking. Make your sandwich with the shredded buffalo chicken and your choice of toppings.
*I make mine with melted pepper jack cheese and top with pickles and a little bit of blue cheese dressing. It is BOMB. Cheddar cheese, ranch dressing, a little sliced red onion or even bacon would work really well on these sandwiches as well. You could really get creative and try different toppings!
These are super simple but yummy! Hope you enjoy!