This side is perfect for summertime – it’s both light, refreshing and is a fun twist on the classic tomato caprese salad. This recipe comes from none other than the queen Joanna Gaines, and the fact that it’s super simple to make and only takes a few minutes to throw together is a win-win.
- 1/2 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 white peaches, chilled
- 2 yellow peaches, chilled
- Two 4-ounce fresh mozzarella balls (water-pack preferred)
- 10 fresh basil leaves, torn
- 1 teaspoon flaky salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- In a jar or Tupperware, combine the oil and vinegar. Shake well and refrigerate until well chilled.
- Remove pits from peaches and cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices or wedges.
- Drain mozzarella and pat dry. Cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices.
- Arrange yellow and white peach slices and mozzarella on a serving platter. Scatter basil leaves on top, then drizzle the dressing over peaches, mozzarella and basil. Finish by sprinkling salt and pepper on top.
I would have never thought to use peaches in a caprese salad, but I’m glad my girl Jo has showed me a new light. Get a copy of Joanna’s cookbook, Magnolia Table, here.