Not sure if this is a popular opinion or not but brussel sprouts are one of my favorite vegetables. I like all of my veggies pretty crisp, like basically burnt which probably lessens the nutritional value but it tastes better so I’ll take the tradeoff. This is a super simple recipe that only requires a few ingredients. It’s a great side dish or even appetizer.
Brussel sprouts (I just bought the bag from Trader Joe’s)
Olive oil (couple tablespoons)
Salt + pepper
Goat cheese crumbles
- Preheat oven to 415 degrees
- Prep the brussel sprouts. Cut off brown ends and slice in half.
- Toss brussel sprouts in a bowl with olive oil and salt and pepper.
- Place brussel sprouts on a foil lined baking sheet in a single layer.
- Roast brussel sprouts for 35-40 minutes making sure that you toss the brussel sprouts a few times throughout the baking process.
- After brussel sprouts are done baking I like to plate the brussel sprouts and then add the goat cheese and balsamic glaze on top. I think this looks prettier than tossing with the glaze.
You now have a tasty and healthy side dish! If you have bacon on hand, I would definitely consider adding that too, yum!