Crock Pot Chicken Noodle Soup
Now that the weather is finally cooling off a little bit, it’s time for some comfort food! And honestly, is there anything more comforting on a chilly night that chicken noodle soup? The answer is no, there’s not. I’m a big fan of my crock pot, mainly for the convenience of dumping everything in it, letting it cook then coming back to a delicious, completed meal – and this is recipe does exactly that. I originally found this recipe on Cooking Classy’s website, the only thing I really changed was how much salt and pepper I added to the broth; the first time I made this it tasted a little too bland. But just adding some extra salt really made this recipe perfect, and I know you’ll love it too! Make sure to set time ahead to make this, as it needs 7+ hours to cook in the crock pot.
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 5 medium carrots, peeled and chopped thin
- 1 medium yellow onion, finely chopped
- 4 stalks of celery, chopped thin
- 5 cloves of garlic, minced
- 3 TBSP extra virgin olive oil
- 6 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp dried rosemary
- 1/4 tsp celery seed, finely crushed
- 2 bay leaves
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 cups uncooked wide egg noodles
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 TBSP fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp dried sage (optional)
- Saltine crackers and Parmesan cheese, for serving (optional)
- Add chicken (left whole), diced carrots, onion, celery, and garlic to crock pot.
- Add olive oil, chicken broth, water, thyme, rosemary, celery seed, bay leaves and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 7 hours.
- Remove cooked chicken and allow to sit 10 minutes, then dice into bite size pieces.
- In the mean time, add egg noodles and parsley to crock pot.
- Increase temperature to high, cover and cook additional 10 minutes (or until noodles are tender).
- Stir in lemon juice and toss in cooked, diced chicken back to the crock pot. Serve warm with saltine crackers and top with Parmesan cheese!
Hope you enjoy this timeless classic and get some use out of it this fall.
Eats chicken noodle soup chicken recipe chicken recipes crock pot crock pot recipes easy dinner easy recipe easy recipes recipe recipes slow cooker slow cooker recipes soup
1 Comment Leave a comment ›