Adding to the banana-bread-during-covid craze, I LOVE this recipe. I originally found this recipe from Sweet & Savory Meals, but modified it just a bit. This recipe is perfect for any time of the year, and the lemon glaze on top really puts it over the edge. Make sure your bananas are really brown, as it makes the bread that much sweeter. I love having this banana bread made as it makes for a perfect afternoon snack as well.
- 1 1/2 cups bananas, browned
- 1 1/2 cups blueberries, fresh
- 1 lemon (juice and zest)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 2 TBSP milk
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray a 9×5 loaf pan or an 8×8 pan with a nonstick cooking spray 9-by-5-inch loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy with an electric mixer.
- Beat the 2 eggs in a small bowl and add them to the butter + sugar mixture. Mix until combined.
- Add mashed bananas, lemon zest and lemon juice and whisk until fully combined.
- Sift flour, baking powder, and salt into a medium bowl.
- Slowly add sifted dry ingredients to the banana mixture and mix just until combined.
- Fold in blueberries.
9. Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 45-55 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the bread comes out mostly clean. (I cooked mine for exactly 47 minutes).
10. Let cool completely in the loaf pan before adding lemon glaze and slicing.
- After adding powdered sugar to a medium bowl, add two tablespoons of milk then the vanilla extract. Mix until fully combined. If you want a thicker glaze keep adding one tablespoon of milk until your desired consistency.
- Drizzle icing over bread once cooled.
Hope you like this banana bread as much as I do! I’ve also made this with chocolate chips instead of blueberries as well – you can do so much with it!